[ldns-users] Compiling on Cygwin for OpenSSH

Julian Heisz julian.heisz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 00:17:10 UTC 2012

I've been trying to build ldns and OpenSSH on Cygwin, but I can't configure
OpenSSH because it can't find ldns, presumably because of this:

    *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lcrypto.
    *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
    *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
    *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
    *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
    *** with libcrypto and none of the candidates passed a file format test
    *** using a file magic. Last file checked:
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a
    *** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
    *** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
    *** or is declared to -dlopen it.

    *** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
    *** because either the platform does not support them or
    *** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
    *** libtool will only create a static version of it.

Every time I try to make ldns, I get that. It's probably a problem with
OpenSSL, but I can't find anything online, so I'm trying here. Anybody have
any idea why this is happening?

--j