[ldns-users] ldns-verify-zone bug

Willem Toorop Willem at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Nov 21 22:26:14 UTC 2012

Thanks Peter!

The issue is triggered when the last line of a parsed zone is a NSEC3
(or its RRSIG) covering an empty non-terminal. c.test.com in your case.
When the last record would have been the
qd81ag9inqts1ocs7api0pji94k27btr.test.com. NSEC3 or RRSIG record, the
error would not have occurred!

ldns-1.6.13 did not get in this condition, because it had a different
bug that would allow for NSEC3s not covering anything within the zone.
The fix for that bug unfortunately triggered this one.

Thanks again for noticing and reporting!

-- Willem