[ldns-users] ldns on iPhone ?

Henri Asseily henri at asseily.com
Fri Apr 27 07:56:00 UTC 2012

The files are on github: https://github.com/hasseily/Makefile-to-iOS-Framework

To use this with ldns:
- Copy the Canonical.Framework.tar and makeframework.sh files to
  the ldns directory

- Go to the directory containing the makefile and run makeframework.sh with the correct options.

For example, if you have ldns 1.6.12, want the framework to use the same version number, and are compiling for iOS out of the box (without SSL), you'd use:

./makeframework.sh -v 1.6.12 framework --disable-gost --disable-sha2 --without-ssl

If you want to use sha2, gost and ssl you'll have to ensure your project also has the relevant static libraries included, as the default iOS doesn't include them (or doesn't allow dynamic linking to them, as in the case of OpenSSL).

The resulting framework will be in your home directory under:
${HOME}/compiles/iPhoneFramework

Hope this helps.

--
Henri Asseily