[ldns-users] ldns on iPhone ?

Henri Asseily henri at asseily.com
Thu Apr 26 21:17:37 UTC 2012

I did create a shell script and frameworks skeleton package that builds a complete ldns framework (both simulator and device, both debug and release) for use in iOS.
As you said, I ripped out SSL because I didn't need it and iOS doesn't expose all the necessary OpenSSL functions (that's highly idiotic).
However, you can build a complete OpenSSL library for iOS, and then you can build the ldns framework with SSL enabled.

So to be clear, if you want to do DNSSEC, you'll need to compile a static OpenSSL library (or get a framework), include it in your app, and build the ldns framework with SSL.

--
Henri Asseily
henri.tel