[ldns-users] ldns patch for ldns-verify-zone to take a time offset

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 1 17:32:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

While investigating a dnssec-signzone bug, I had the need to verify
signed zones in the future. Unfortunately, ldns-verify-zone did not
support it. I wrote a patch, but it bleeds changes over the entire ldns
API because we keep needing to pass the time offset around.

The patch uses uint32_t because that was already used internally, though I think it
should really use time_t.

Perhaps the ldns authors can come up with a less invasive patch? Or if they deem this
is the right fix, accept it and bump the SO version.

Paul