[ldns-users] drill -k <DS> ?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Mon Mar 7 13:53:30 UTC 2011

Hello Matthijs,

> Wouter stands corrected: the -k *is* implemented in and it *does* accept
> DS records.

Glad to hear that :)

> My guess is that you want to chase the signatures: add -S on the command
> line.

Not really. It might be possible, but chasing is too clever for my
purpose. I don't want to leave the realm of the zone/server to be
checked...climbing the DNS tree up does not fit.

Actually I want to answer a single question: "can I validate this
zone/record with the DS I have" (and the DS is for the zone, not for
anywhere up the tree).

drill -k <keyfile> with DNSKEY does exactly that, so I'm a bit back to
square one: if it does indeed accept DS records, what could I be doing
wrong? Or is the use case ( -k <ds> -D ) not supported ?

Best,
Gilles

--
Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU