[ldns-users] Problem when not using SSL?

Henri Asseily henri at asseily.com
Tue Dec 14 14:03:20 UTC 2010

Hello,
I am running into a problem with ldns compiled without SSL. In resolver.c, line 1143:

#ifdef HAVE_SSL
	if (ldns_resolver_tsig_keyname(r) && ldns_resolver_tsig_keydata(r)) {
		status = ldns_pkt_tsig_sign(query_pkt,
		                            ldns_resolver_tsig_keyname(r),
		                            ldns_resolver_tsig_keydata(r),
		                            300, ldns_resolver_tsig_algorithm(r), NULL);
		if (status != LDNS_STATUS_OK) {
			return LDNS_STATUS_CRYPTO_TSIG_ERR;
		}
	}
#else
	return LDNS_STATUS_CRYPTO_TSIG_ERR;
#endif /* HAVE_SSL */
	status = ldns_resolver_send_pkt(&answer_pkt, r, query_pkt);

If HAVE_SSL is undefined, then the function always returns LDNS_STATUS_CRYPTO_TSIG_ERR and never properly completes.
Is that correct behavior? I'm trying to debug why ldns 1.6.7 doesn't work for me, and this seems to be the culprit. I'll keep digging.
---
Henri Asseily
henri.tel