[ldns-users] ldns 1.6.2 released
matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Nov 12 10:55:53 UTC 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new release of ldns, version 1.6.2, has been released this morning.
We have enabled SHA2 by default.
Be aware that old versions of OpenSSL don't support the SHA2 functions,
so you might need to update your OpenSSL to 0.9.8 or higher, or you need
to disable SHA2 with --disable-sha2 to make ldns work.
Furthermore, this release contains two more features and lots of bug
fixes, see the Changelog below.
The release can be downloaded at:
Hope you like it.
* Fix Makefile patch from Havard Eidnes, better install.sh usage.
* Fix parse error on SOA serial of 2910532839.
Fix print of ';' and readback of '\;' in names, also for '\\'.
Fix parse of '\(' and '\)' in names. Also for file read. Also
* Fix signature creation when TTLs are different for RRs in RRset.
* bug273: fix so EDNS rdata is included in pkt to wire conversion.
* bug274: fix use of c++ keyword 'class' for RR class in the code.
* bug275: fix memory leak of packet edns rdata.
* Fix timeout procedure for TCP and AXFR on Solaris.
* Fix occasional NSEC bitmap bogus
* Fix rr comparing (was in reversed order since 1.6.0)
* bug278: fix parsing HINFO rdata (and other cases).
* Fix previous owner name: also pick up if owner name is @.
* RFC5702: enabled sha2 functions by default. This requires OpenSSL
0.9.8 or higher.
Reason for this default is the root to be signed with RSASHA256.
* Fix various LDNS RR parsing issues: IPSECKEY, WKS, NSAP, very long
* Fix: Make ldns_dname_is_subdomain case insensitive.
* Fix ldns-verify-zone so that address records at zone NS set are
not considered glue (Or glue records fall below delegation)
* Fix LOC RR altitude printing.
* Feature: Added period (e.g. '3m6d') support at explicit TTLs.
* Feature: DNSKEY rrset by default signed with minimal signatures
but -A option for ldns-signzone to sign it with all keys.
This makes the DNSKEY responses smaller for signed domains.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the ldns-users