[ldns-users] drill and truncated packets

Teran McKinney sega01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:52:41 UTC 2008

Thank you for replying to this; I did not understand drill's behavior
and assumed that it was a bug due to my tests with dig. I like option
3 as well, a warning would be useful. Dig's method (as you described
in Unbound's mailling list) seems a little deceptive to the user.
Perhaps an additional flag to automatically change behavior to get a
result would be useful? For example, --dowhateverisneeded (hopefully
not under that name, perhaps --automate/-a), could increase the buffer
or use TCP automatically if the result is too large.

Thanks,
Teran (sega01)