[ldns-users] Issues with CHECK_COMPILER_FLAG_NEEDED macro

Alexander Gall gall at switch.ch
Fri Oct 26 17:02:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:38:56 +0200, "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl> said:

>> I've encountered two issues with the usage of the AC macro
>> CHECK_COMPILER_FLAG_NEEDED for ldns and drill.  For ldns, configure
>> first checks for *all* of the flags

> The reason for checking the options together is that on some systems,
> these options, when given alone exclude another.

I see, but why don't you do the same for drill (and pcat)?  Actually,
this looks a bit magic to me, because the outcome of the individual
checks appears to depend on their order.  You probably chose it
according to the conflicts you have found on these particular systems.

> I didn't know about -std=c99 required, Opensolaris is picky (compared to
> Sunos9 and 10).

Solaris 9 doesn't support POSIX.1-2001 or XPG6 (SUSv3 or whatever) at
all, AFAIK.  It's clear, though, that c89 is in conflict with
-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112.  Whether you need the compiler flag or not
depends on the default, of course.  I'm surprised if Solaris 10 really
accepts this combination.

Well, I'm no expert on this, so if what I'm saying doesn't make much
sense, feel free to ignore it :-)

--
Alex