[ldns-users] ldns fedora spec file and signed binaries available

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 6 02:19:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

Attached is spec file for ldns SVN version 1205 that adds support for building
Fedora RPMS. I suggest it is added in a directory packaging/fedora/

This was tested on Fedora Core 4 i386 and x86_64. Source and binary rpms for
FC4 are available at ftp://ftp.xelerance.com/binaries/ldns/binaries/fedora/

I have split things in two packages. The "ldns" package contains the library
.so file and the man pages. The "ldns-devel" pacakge contains the include
files and the doc directory.

The 'make examples' target was broken and commented out.

I had to remove the doc/man directory to avoid duplicating the man pages.
I also had to manually remove the doc/.svn directory. These two removal
actions are done after the 'make install install-doc'.

You can add the repository for use with the Yum package manager by adding
the following in /etc/yum.conf or /etc/yum.repos.d/ldns.conf:

 	[ldns]
 	name=ldns - Fedora Core ldns packages
 	baseurl=ftp://ftp.xelerance.com/ldns/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
   	 http://www.xelerance.com/ldns/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
 	enabled=1
 	# get the key for paul at cypherpunks.ca from a key server (eg
pgpkeys.mit.edu)
 	# or: finger paul at xelerance.com > nsdkey ; rpm --import nsdkey
 	# and enable gpgcheck to verify the package
 	gpgcheck=0

All source and binary rpms have been signed with my key (paul at xelerance.com),
available on key servers and by using 'finger paul at xelerance.com'.

I was not sure how to treat the SVN version of "1205" compared to the last
release "0.70". To avoid assuming a wrong number that is too high, I opted
for the version 0.70_1205. (rpm does not like "-" characters in versions, it
confuses those with its own "-" for build versions)

Regards,

Paul Wouters
Xelerance Corp.