[Dnssec-trigger] current status?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Mar 12 14:03:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Chuck Anderson wrote:

> My experience is also mostly seamless, at least until this
> disappearing /etc/resolv.conf

There is a long standing bug that triggers in certain situations with
hotspots where somehow dnssec-triggerd rewrites resolv.conf but actually
has no (DHCP obtained) DNS server to put in, it then writes a file
without any nameserver entry and expects the user to successfully browse
through the captive portal. I haven't managed to reproduce it at will
though. But I do wish that dnssec-triggerd would first check if it has
any DNS server before it overwrites resolv.conf.

Paul