[Dnssec-trigger] Timer/timeout for hotspot mode and reprobe

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jun 18 20:55:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Phil Regnauld wrote:

> - do I remember wrongly or didn't dnssec-trigger use to attempt to
>  reprobe when changing networks ?

It does, but not if you have manually disabled it. I agree that a
network change should reset it. I run into this problem myself too
when it is left on, and I bring up my VPN that installs a few
forwards into unbound - but unbound is still bypassed by having
gotten left in "insecure mode"

> - somewhat related, wouldn't it be smart to have some kind of
>  configurable timer (or option when selecting Hotspot Signon),
>  for instance:
>
>  Remind me in 1 hour / 1 day / Until I say so.

I don't think a timer makes much sense. A network change or network
reconnect event should cause a reprobe.

Paul