[Dnssec-trigger] Resolution on resume from hibernate (MacOS 10.8)

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Apr 22 07:15:36 UTC 2013

Hi Phil,

New version I made with fixes:
http://nlnetlabs.nl/~wouter/dnssectrigger-0.12_20130422.dmg

- - Fixup OSX backquote backslashes.  This is in the installer, and
affects the user creation.
- - Removed wrong OSX version from its installer text.

On 04/19/2013 11:49 PM, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I unpacked the install stuff on my laptop and found one problem,
> but the logic should be the same anyway so it's not the root cause.
> I can't (at this time) take my colleague's laptop away to
> repeatedly probe what's happening.

Something about user permissions, then, likely.

- ----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
> #!/bin/bash # stop unbound if launch plist exists OSVERS=10.6
> INSTLOG=/tmp/dnssectrigger-0.12_20130409-install.log
> ----------------------------8< cut here
> >8------------------------------
>
> So makepackage should probably change: OSVERS=`sw_vers
> -productVersion | cut -d . -f 1,2` to: OSVERS=\$(sw_vers
> -productVersion | cut -d . -f 1,2)
>
> Similarly throughout the written script.  guiuser is hardcoded to
> "root", which appears to mean it will get hard-set to "wouter"
> because this: guiuser="`basename \$HOME`" becomes this in the
> shipped package: guiuser="wouter"
>
> and so the attempt to unload the trigger panel runs as wouter on
> other peoples' machines.

That is so silly that it uses my name.  Turned out to be a problem
with more of the script.  Also with the OSVERS used to install the
user under which it runs.  And a directory removal in the uninstall.

Best regards,
   Wouter