[Dnssec-trigger] Resolution on resume from hibernate (MacOS 10.8)

Phil Pennock dnssec-trigger+phil at spodhuis.org
Thu Apr 11 19:25:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-11 at 08:59 +0200, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:
> So, the router could be weird (depending on the software on it),
> google DNS supports DNSSEC.

I've used my laptop in the same office, to no ill effect, so I don't
think the router is in the mix.

>                              So I think the issue is mostly the
> configuration of the OSX machine.  I was wondering if there was other
> software on that OSX machine, such as VPN software, that messes with
> the nameserver configuration; and in combination with dnssec-trigger's
> messing with the nameserver configuration this leads to a failure to
> resolve?

VPN: VPN Tracker, also on my laptop, no ill effects noted.  It is
software written by people who appear to know what they're doing, thus
our using it extensively: we avoid hardware/firewall vendor client
software, it always causes far more pain than it solves, and instead
use client software written by folks for whom it is their product.

Jon doesn't know of anything else running that might affect DNS
resolution and he's pretty clueful (to say the least).

I'll install dnssec-trigger again next week, see what broke, repair it,
report back.

-Phil