[Dnssec-trigger] OpenVPN?

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Wed Nov 7 20:06:33 UTC 2012

Marco Davids (SIDN) (marco.davids) writes:

> > 	... in the case where openvpn assigns the DNSes, right ?
>
> Correct.
> >
> > 	I use both, but don't send DNS information, so I'm not seeing
> > 	any problem there.
>
> Well, I'd prefer to send (and use) DNS information, because I send all
> of my traffic into the tunnel. Using the IETF-resolvers in such case,
> will result in REFUSED errors...

	Understood, I wasn't questioning that, just trying to scope the
	problem, to see if it could be something else. But there may indeed
	be some conflict in the hooks used by OpenVPN (I don't think it's
	TunnelBlick specific) when they change resolvers. I'm pretty sure
	dnssec-triggerd is doing something to revert that.