[Dnssec-trigger] bugzilla can be used to file dnssec-trigger bug reports via the web browser

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Jan 26 14:56:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> There is a bugzilla location for dnssec-trigger bug reports:
> http://nlnetlabs.nl/bugs-script/enter_bug.cgi?product=dnssec-trigger
>
> So we can track them, and it is friendly to non-mailinglist-members
> that want to file a bugreport.

So let me use this opportunity to talk about features :)

The first is, why do we need to have the user decide when to switch from
hotspot mode to secure mode? Why Can't we probe every 5 seconds? Perhaps
with some exponential backoff? I really would like to see that process
automated - it should not need user input.

The second is, with Linux, there is network manager that keeps track of
connections and properties. It would be nice if we could store and
remember the brokenness/failures so when we reconnect to the same
network, we could switch to the expected mode. This latter one is harder
because hotspots function in two modes, pre and post the hotspot magic.

Paul