[Dnssec-trigger] dnssec trigger 0.10 release

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Feb 21 19:22:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> So, you are using hotspot-signon (insecure mode).  NM disconnect and
> connect would trigger dnssec-trigger to rewrite the resolv.conf file.
> And reprobe the network too.  But dnssec-trigger thinks there are
> zero DHCP DNS servers.  That is the root cause of the problem, and I
> think that is what we need to fix.

laptop opened at coffee please. did not do anything for 5 minutes while
   talking to owner :)

then did:

[paul at thinkpad ~]$ nmcli -f IP4-DNS,IP6-DNS dev list
IP4-DNS1.DNS:                   192.168.101.1

[paul at thinkpad ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by dnssec-trigger 0.10
nameserver 127.0.0.1

tried browsing, I got redirected to the internal-only dns, so firefox
failed lookup (because unbound could not get the name). I then selected
"hotspot signon" and ran:

[paul at thinkpad ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by dnssec-trigger 0.10
[paul at thinkpad ~]$

*poof*

logs only show:

Feb 21 13:31:16 thinkpad logger: dnssec-trigger-hook(networkmanager)
wlan1 up DNS 192.168.101.1
Feb 21 13:36:52 thinkpad dnssec-triggerd: [19165] notice: state dark
forced_insecure

That's not very verbosity:4 ?

[paul at thinkpad ~]$ dnssec-trigger-control verbosity 4
error unknown command
[paul at thinkpad ~]$

not like unbound I guess.

Paul