[Dnssec-trigger] more bugs :P

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Sep 20 18:35:20 UTC 2011

When I got home, my laptop did not unsuspend, so i had to reboot it.
After it was back, it came up before network manager had the connection
on the wifi (init script for dnssec-triggerd stats after nm, but apparently
nm was slow) and so it seemed to remain in "network disconnected" mode.

bug #1: It should more often probe when in network disconnected mode, or
         better pick up NM changes.

Then the results of my manual probe said:

results from probe at 2011-09-20 14:29:44
authority 192.112.36.4: OK
DNSSEC results fetched direct from authorities

I was confused why it didn't say anything about the cache.

bug #2: always display a line about the local cache even if just to say
         "status unknown".

Meanwhile, I had no working DNS. Running unbound-control forward, I
found out that unbound wasn't autostarted on boot on my laptop :)

bug #3: Do not rewrite resolv.conf when unbound is not running, OR
         present a popup saying "I broke your dns please start unbound" OR
         start unbound for me :)

Paul