forward-zone with local-data

Gareth Williams gareth at garethwilliams.me.uk
Wed Apr 10 12:44:52 UTC 2024

On Wed, 2024-04-10 at 14:34 +0200, A. Schulze via Unbound-users wrote:

> Gareth Williams via Unbound-users:
>

> > I have multiple labs and ages ago chose the 'test' TLD for all of
> > them.
>
> if you use "test." you should configure unbound also to forward
> "test." to your nameserver,
> not only your known subdomains.
>
> Hope, that helps....
> Andreas

While I agree that hosting the "test." domain would be the correct way
to do this, I'm trying to avoid running a DNS server that merely
forwards to known subdomains or returns NXDOMAIN.  I was hoping that
there would be a way to get unbound to reject anything that failed to
forward.  If not, I'll simply have to bite the bullet and host "test."

Thanks,

Gareth