[ldns-users] First candidate for ldns-1.8.2 release

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Jul 15 16:02:03 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We have a new candidate for the upcoming 1.8.2 release of ldns. This
release contains a few bugfixes and some other changes, most notably:

* Since draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https will become RFC now anytime soon,
  SVCB and HTTPS RR types are now compiled by default

* Functionality for parsing and printing of EDNS0 Options.

  The list of options in a packet can be accessed via a new function:
  ldns_pkt_edns_get_option_list(ldns_pkt *packet). The list can be
  further manipulated with functions as described in edns.h. Finally
  the options can be converted to presentation format with
  ldns_edns_option_list2buffer_str() from host2str.h.

  drill will now also print EDNS0 options in a parsed format.

Please review this release candidate carefully and let us know if
anything is wrong.  If all is well, the actual release will follow
Friday the 12th of August 2022.

The actual release will be four weeks after the candidate release
instead of one week, because I will be on holiday the coming three
weeks. After I return on the 8th of August I will process the feedback
on the candidate release and do the actual release on the 12th.

link  : https://nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/ldns/ldns-1.8.2-rc.1.tar.gz
sha256: dd4426aa60f45bfa015f5275fa98cf17522a520df78ec2f733fb2961c4690c77
asc   : https://nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/ldns/ldns-1.8.2-rc.1.tar.gz.asc

Changelog
=========
1.8.2   2022-08-??
        * bugfix #147: Allow for tabs in whitespace before quoted rdata
          fields. Thanks Felipe Gasper
        * bugfix #149: Add some missing [out] annotations to doxygen
          parameters. Thanks aldot.
        * Fix build error on Solaris 10 with inet_ntop redeclaration
          error.
        * Fix -U flag with ldns-signzone. Thanks Ulrich and Jonathan
        * Enable compile of SVCB and HTTPS support by default.
        * bugfix #179: Free line memory even if zone file parsing fails
          Thanks Claudius Zingerli
        * bugfix #166: Grow buffer when writing chars and fixed size
          strings when converting to presentation format, preventing
          potential assersion errors.
        * bugfix #46: Print network errors when secure tracing.
          Thanks reedjc
        * EDNS0 Option handling and conversion into presentation format.